Mental Health Board
The Sacramento County Mental Health Board is committed to championing the
rights of those with mental illnesses in Sacramento County.
Sacramento County Mental Health Board shall do the following:
- Advocate for those with mental disabilities, identifying culturally relevant
needs, monitoring cost-effective strategies and making recommendations to the
County Board of Supervisors.
- Review and evaluate the community’s mental health needs, services,
facilities and special problems.
- Review county mental health contracts.
- Advise the Board of Supervisors about the local mental health programs.
- Review and approve procedures to ensure citizen and professional involvement
in all stages of the planning process.
- Submit an annual report to the governing Body on the needs and performance
of the county mental health system.
- Review and make recommendations on the applicants for the appointment of a
local director of mental health services.
- Review and comment on the county’s performance outcome data and communicate
findings to the California Mental Health Planning Council.
Our monthly meetings are open to the public and members of the
community are encouraged to attend:
Board General Meetings
1st Wednesday of every month except
6:00 p.m. (meetings typically last 2 hours)
700 H Street
Sacramento, California 95814 | Map
Members of the community are encouraged to attend.
Mental Health Board Executive Meetings
Wednesday of every month except December
Immediately after General Meeting,
Board of Supervisors' Chambers
700 H Street
95814 | Map