Mental Health Board
The Sacramento County Mental Health Board is committed to championing the
rights of those with mental illnesses in Sacramento County.
Sacramento County Mental Health Board
- Advocates for those with mental disabilities, identifying culturally relevant
needs, monitoring cost-effective strategies and making recommendations to the
County Board of Supervisors.
- Reviews and evaluates the community’s mental health needs, services,
facilities and special problems.
- Reviews county mental health contracts.
- Advises the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors about local mental health programs.
- Reviews and approves procedures to ensure citizen and professional involvement
in all stages of the planning process.
- Submits an annual report to the governing Body on the needs and performance
of the county mental health system.
- Reviews and make srecommendations on the applicants for the appointment of a
local director of mental health services.
- Reviews and comments on the county’s performance outcome data and communicate
findings to the California Mental Health Planning Council.
Board General Meetings
1st Wednesday of every month except
6:00 p.m. (meetings typically last 2 hours)
700 H Street
Sacramento, California 95814 | Map
Meetings are open to the public and members of the community are encouraged to attend.
How to Join the Mental Health Board