County Medically Indigent Services Program (CMISP) is a last resort health care program for low income adults who are not eligible for other health care programs. Eligibility applications are only available at the Primary Care Center on 4600 Broadway.
Health care includes medically necessary primary care, pharmacy, specialty, emergency, hospital, and ancillary services. Some services require authorization.
- 21 - 64 years of age
- Very low income
- Does not qualify for Medi-Cal, Medicare or other health insurance program
- Sacramento County resident
- U.S. citizenship or meets federal immigration status requirements
How to Apply
- Applications for CMISP may be picked up at the County Health Center or County Pharmacy. Location: 4600 Broadway, Sacramento.
- Applications are reviewed for Medi-Cal and subsidized health care through Covered California.
- CMISP is a last resort program. If you qualify, you will have a share of cost.
For more information from the Department of Human Assistance (DHA) regarding eligibility requirements please refer to their website
Services / AppointmentsCounty Health Center
4600 Broadway, Suite 1100
Sacramento CA 95820
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The County Health Center does not handle medical emergencies. Call 911 if you have a medical emergency.
Information on the individual appeals can be found on the Appeals Process page.