HEALTH CARE COVERAGE
Are you low income and need health care coverage?
Medi-Cal enrollment is year-round. For information about Medi-Cal including a "Step by Step Guide to the Medi-Cal Process" see State DHCS. You may apply:
- In Person at the County Department of Human Assistance (DHA) offices. See DHA website for locations.
- By Mail with a Single Streamlined Application , provided in English and other languages. Send completed and signed applications to your local county social services office.
- By Phone at (916) 874-3100 or (209) 744-0499.
- Online at www.CoveredCA.com or www.mybenefitscalwin.org. Applications completed on the Covered California website are securely routed to DHA eligibility office.
- Covered California at www.CoveredCA.com
- You can apply for Medi-Cal through Covered California year round.
- Covered California is also where you can get health insurance under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and see if you qualify for financial subsidies. Open enrollment for health plans through Covered California is November 1 through January 31. Individuals who experience a qualifying life event may be eligible to enroll in private coverage through Covered California by applying for special enrollment.
Do you have questions about your Medi-Cal eligibility?
If you have questions about your eligibility, please call County DHA at (916) 874-3100 or (209) 744-0499.
Are you a low income undocumented Sacramento County resident and not eligible for full scope Medi-Cal?
You may be eligible for Healthy Partners. See the Healthy Partners website.
Are you interested in services or health planning activities within the Primary Health Services Division?
See bar on the right side of the page.