The Sacramento County CHDP Program coordinates the Vision Screening Training for CHDP Medical Providers. By the end of the Vision Screening Training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic anatomy of the eye and the pathway of vision
- Understand the importance of vision screening
- Recognize common vision disorders in children
- Identify the steps of vision screening
- Describe and implement the CHDP guidelines for referral and follow-up
- Properly document on the PM160 vision screening results, referrals and follow-up
For information about the next scheduled Vision Screening Training, please call (916) 875-7151.